I’ve realized recently that I never really did an ‘about me’ post to share who I am and other random things about me. I share my thoughts, feelings, and experiences with you all twice a week, but you don’t know much about who I am. I’m not that much of an interesting person, but I do believe that there are some funny and quirky things about me that many people don’t know.
In order to really understand what I’ve been writing and sharing with all of you, I believe it’s essential to know about me and my little quirks. Seriously, most people are surprised about how many little quirks I have. Haha!
Here are some things about me:
- My name is Melissa Joy. My family calls me Joy or Joy-Joy. In elementary school I went by Melissa, middle school I went by MelJoy, in high school I went by MelJoy and Mel.
- I’m the only child but I’m very close with my cousins. I’m also blessed with many friends who have become family.
- I’m 4’10” tall… Or should I say short? Ha.
- I love warm colors. Yellow, orange, and red are my favorite colors.
- Savory > sweet. Don’t get me wrong, I like sweets but I like savory things a little bit more.
- Kid at heart. 25 years old and my family knows I still want goody bags at my younger cousins and nieces birthday parties. LOL.
- I’ve always been a tom boy. I never enjoyed “girly” things and have always been closer friends with more guys than girls.
- I collect Funko Pop Vinyl’s. Not all, but a select few from my favorite TV shows and movies. Supernatural, Lilo & Stitch, The Flash, and Arrow to name a few.
- 90% of the clothes I own are black. Like my soul… Jk. Kinda.
- I’ve never broken a bone or had to go to the emergency room for myself.
- My car is my baby. I’ve had it since ’08 and I plan on keeping it as long as I can.
- Pokemon enthusiast. I played just about every game they came out with and I collect a bunch of little Pokemon knick-knacks.
- The Fault in Our Stars is one of my favorite books and became one of my favorite movies. If you’ve never watched the movie before, I suggest not watching it with me because I will quote every other line. Ha!
- I have a lot of thoughts and feelings and I’m much more sensitive than I would ever like to admit.
- Writing is my way to sort through and cope with the things going on in my head.
- As a child, I hated reading. But for some reason that changed as I got older. Now, I love reading so much that I have to make sure I read in moderation or else I’ll finish a book in one sitting.
- Music has always been my remedy. There’s always a song stuck in my head.
- I’m one of the few people who still buys CD’s.
- 5 Seconds of Summer is my favorite band, and has been for the past few years. (Still not sure if I should thank or be mad at my friend Sai for forcing me to listen to them…)
- Besides 5 Seconds of Summer, my playlist consists of music from the 90’s and 2000’s.
- When I like something, I REALLY like something. I become borderline obsessed with lots of things, especially TV shows.
Last but definitely not least… I appreciate every single one of you who take the time to read my blogs or view any of my work. I enjoy doing this and it makes me happy to know that you enjoy it, too.